2. Acquisition of personal information HEIDENHAIN will collect personal information when you view our website, requesting materials such as catalogs, or contact us via e-mail, etc.
3. Purpose of collection and use of personal information The purpose for which HEIDENHAIN collects and uses personal information is as follows.
(1) For providing services from us (catalog delivery, notification of responses to inquiries, etc.).
(2) To improve our service.
(3) To provide you with information from HEIDENHAIN via e-mail or other means.
(4) To use name, address, telephone number, or other information to confirm the identity of the customer. (5) Other objectives related to the above purpose of use.
4. Joint use of personal information To the extent necessary for achieving the purpose stated in "3. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information, "HEIDENHAIN may jointly share and use personal information with Group companies (see "HEIDENHAIN in various parts of the world" on this website). In this case, HEIDENHAIN is responsible for the management of this personal information.
5. Provision of personal information to third parties Except for the following cases, HEIDENHAIN will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent from users. However, this does not apply when provision is required under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other related laws and regulations.
(1) When required by law
(2) To protect human life, body, or property when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
(3) When cooperation with a national institution or, a local public entity, or a party entrusted thereby is required to carry out their duties as prescribed by law where obtaining the consent of the individual could hinder the performance of said duties.
6. Disclosure of personal information
(1) When the individual requests that HEIDENHAIN disclose that person’s own personal information, HEIDENHAIN will disclose it to him / her without delay. However, if disclosure of said information could result in any of the following, all or part of said information might not be disclosed, and if the decision of HEIDENHAIN is to not disclose said information, notification of the same will be given without delay.
(a) When there is a risk of harm to life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
(b) When there is a risk of seriously hindering the proper execution of our business.
(c) Any other actions that violate the law.
(2) Disclosure, etc., in accordance with the preceding paragraph shall only be done after identify of the claimant is confirmed to be that the individual to prevent the leakage of personal information to parties other than the individual and the modification of personal information by other than the individual. HEIDENHAIN will only disclose personal information when said confirmation is completed.
7. Correction and deletion of personal information HEIDENHAIN recognizes that individuals have the right to seek disclosure, correction, cessation of use, deletion, etc., (hereinafter "disclosure, etc.") of said individual’s personal information, and if such is requested by said individual, HEIDENHAIN will promptly comply without delay and notify individual of the same.
8. Cessation of use, etc., of personal information If the individual requests that HEIDENHAIN cease use of or delete said individual’s personal information for reasons that said personal information is being used beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it was acquired through unauthorized means (hereinafter “usage cessation, etc.”), HEIDENHAIN shall conduct the required investigation without delay and implement usage cessation, etc., based on the results of said investigation and also notify the individual of the same. However, if usage cessation, etc., of the personal information will require a large expense or would be difficult for another reason, HEIDENHAIN may use another means instead that will protect the rights and interests of the individual.
9. Cookie HEIDENHAIN may use a cookie for the purpose of improving the contents of websites, e-mails, etc., to better satisfy customers and to customize said contents to better match the individual use of the contents by each customer. A cookie is small information that the web server sends to the user’s browser to use of the Internet more efficiently, and it may be stored as a file on the customer’s disk. Customers can set their browsers to refuse to accept cookies or to display warnings when accepting cookies. Statistics may be taken using the information obtained from cookies, but this does not include any information that could be used to identify individual customers.
10. Regarding the security of link destinations HEIDENHAIN bears no responsible for ensuring the security of customer personal information on other websites linked to our website.
12. Information desk Please use the following e-mail address to contact the information desk for inquiries regarding this policy. firstname.lastname@example.org